Alisa. 37. New Hampshire. Married for almost three years to this wonderful, funny, smart guy. Previously married. Went through in-vitro fertilization to have my five year old magical son Keegan. Stepmother to the charming Isabelle (6). Gushingly in love with our baby boy Harper(1). Policy Wonk and dreaded bureaucrat. Lover of fine cuisine, honeybees, truly romantic moments and the underdog.
Curried Beef Short Ribs

Note: I found this was more realistically four servings.

Finishing this dish with lime zest and juice brightens its rich flavors.

Yield 6 servings (serving size: about 3 ounces ribs, 2/3 cup rice, and about 2 1/2 tablespoons sauce)

2 teaspoons canola oil
2 pounds ...continue reading

view all my recipes

Design by emtwo

« Something Different | Main | Wow »

The Plague

My usual excuse for not posting is that I am too busy. Well this time I have been too busy, being horribly ill. Friday morning I woke up feeling nauseous and a little woozy. Over the course of the day I also felt warm and tired. By the evening I was dying. All Saturday I stayed in bed with that creepy skin, body aches, fever chills. I threw up twice that morning but managed to keep down three crackers that night. I also stayed awake long enough to help the kids make clay beads and bake them and tear strips for paper mache. Sunday I did not wake up feeling any better. Jeff had the kids at the park and then later in Portsmouth. At this point Harper's cold had developed into a chunky cough and congestion. I was able to eat small bits of food but not stake awake very long. I would lie in bed in severe discomfort wanting to sleep but unable to. Jeff came up to rub my back that night and said I felt emaciated. Hardly, but I did lose six pounds. Not a diet I would recommend. Monday I woke up still feeling crappy. I canceled my dentist appt (actually I made Jeff call because I hate when they make you feel guilty). Harper had his two month checkup scheduled so Jeff took him. The doctor said it was just a cold and otherwise he is doing well. He weighs 13lbs 13oz, 24.25 inches long and got his first full round of shots. He and I slept most of the rest of the day as he is pretty wiped out too. Last night I gave up and took a piece of sleeping pill just so I could get some actual rest in. I did slept soundly but still don't feel great today. Harper is still sleeping a lot. I am going to force myself to have some lunch. I can't wait to be interested in food again.

TrackBack for this entry: