Alisa. 37. New Hampshire. Married for almost three years to this wonderful, funny, smart guy. Previously married. Went through in-vitro fertilization to have my five year old magical son Keegan. Stepmother to the charming Isabelle (6). Gushingly in love with our baby boy Harper(1). Policy Wonk and dreaded bureaucrat. Lover of fine cuisine, honeybees, truly romantic moments and the underdog.
Curried Beef Short Ribs

Note: I found this was more realistically four servings.

Finishing this dish with lime zest and juice brightens its rich flavors.

Yield 6 servings (serving size: about 3 ounces ribs, 2/3 cup rice, and about 2 1/2 tablespoons sauce)

2 teaspoons canola oil
2 pounds ...continue reading

view all my recipes

Design by emtwo

« The Loons Are Calling | Main | I Get By With A Little Help From My Friends »

Home Again

Maine was fun but not relaxing. Keeping up with two kids out of their normal habitat is like that. The first day we spent mostly on the road and at my parents' new house. Keegan had a blast riding the scissors lift to the ceiling and picking up construction debris. He helped sweep up sawdust at the end of the day. Harper slept and managed to spit up on me five times. We finally left there and met my cousins for dinner. Those small towns always have restaurants with amazing homemade food. I had a turkey pot pie with the flakiest crust. Harper had slept a lot in the car so he didn't go to bed until close to 11. I was one really tired mommy. Keegan got up right before 7 am and my mom took him for a walk so Harper and I got one more hour of sleep. On their walk they saw a dead mole, picked up a dead butterfly, chased frogs and picked an apple. Keegan explained to my mom that everything dies eventually, people, animals and plants. In the afternoon we packed lunch and took it out on my cousins' boat. We put in at the farthest boat ramp so I took an hour to get to my parents' property. It was the first time I had been on their lake. We saw lots of loons and other water birds. We tied up at one of their trees and Keegan took a swim. It is so quiet there I can't wait for the house to be done so we can visit. By the time we got back to the boat launch and changed and ready for the road it was later than I hoped. We didn't get home until after 8pm. Harper was thoroughly fed up with being in the car seat. Keegan was so amazingly patient and well behaved the whole two days. We all got settled and ready for bed and Harper went down like a dream. By the time Jeff got home everyone was all set but me. I am sure I will find some time to catchup on sleep this week.

TrackBack for this entry: