Alisa. 37. New Hampshire. Married for almost three years to this wonderful, funny, smart guy. Previously married. Went through in-vitro fertilization to have my five year old magical son Keegan. Stepmother to the charming Isabelle (6). Gushingly in love with our baby boy Harper(1). Policy Wonk and dreaded bureaucrat. Lover of fine cuisine, honeybees, truly romantic moments and the underdog.
Curried Beef Short Ribs

Note: I found this was more realistically four servings.

Finishing this dish with lime zest and juice brightens its rich flavors.

Yield 6 servings (serving size: about 3 ounces ribs, 2/3 cup rice, and about 2 1/2 tablespoons sauce)

2 teaspoons canola oil
2 pounds ...continue reading

view all my recipes

Design by emtwo

« | Main | 37 Weeks (Again) »

Hold The Phone

Hi everybody,

I know you were on "High Alert," but you may stand down for now. I will not be having a baby tonight.

Here's the scoop:
Went in for ultrasound and found out that Peanut is not breech. They did however find out that I was low on amniotic fluid. We were sent upstairs to my midwife and put on a fetal monitor. Then we were told to go to the hospital and then they would induce labor. Tom & I were like, "holy cow!" Of course we had nothing with us and I'll admit my suitcase isn't exactly packed.
Once we got to the hospital I was hooked up to the monitors and examined. I had been thinking that Peanut hadn't dropped at all. But he is 75% effaced, -1 station and my cervix was dialated 1 cm. Not exactly ready for labor but farther along than I was thinking. The decision was made to pump me full of IV fluids to see if my problem was dehydration. Meanwhile I was sent downstairs for a special sonogram. This one would be the best test for fetal health. Peanut passed with the highest score and I was sent back upstairs for another bottle of fluids. They were also able to see that my amniotic fluid had gone up.
Now mind you all of this took hours. Meanwhile I am calling back & forth to my mom and Erika to update them.

After gathering all the data and consulting with a doctor my midwife came in to talk options. Even though I have been counting myself as 38 weeks, technically Peanut has only been in my body for 37 weeks. This means there is a 25% chance his lungs aren't fully developed. Since he is happy as a clam inside me right now and the fluid went up we felt it best to not induce. I am on complete bedrest now and will go in Fri. to check the fluid levels again. So here's my chance to actually get ready for labor. My midwife doesn't think I will go to my due date, so it could happen on it's own too. The monitor showed me having mild contractions but I could hardly feel them. Definitely not something I would notice on my own.

So thanks for the well wishes!!! Let's keep our fingers crossed for Peanut to hang out for atleast a few more days. If there are any new developments and I can't get to a computer, I am sure we can count on Erika to keep you posted.

PS Measurements showed Peanut to be approx. 6lbs. 11oz.

TrackBack for this entry: